Friday, August 9, 2013

Sketch To Survive

So its no secret drawing is my favorite hobby, I've been doing it for as long as i can remember. Never look at it for profit or fame, but simply to get my screwed up images and ideas out of my mind. I always want to get better, and the only way I know how is constant repetition. So I came up with the idea that stands before you known as "Sketch To Survive."  Simply it is me sharing one new sketch every single day of my life until the day I die. No matter how good or bad it is. I'll release a fresh piece without any days off, starting on August 20th 2013 and will end on the day I no longer draw breathe. Or when my hands fall off, whatever comes first? Could be 10 days, 100 days, or 10,000 days. Who really knows, all I can promise is they'll be something there each and every day.  To answer the basic questions. Why do this? Well I wanna get better, be open to criticism, and share my vision, and morbid thoughts with all whose interested. Why choose this date? I felt like it was an appropriate date basically because its my favorite guitarist birthday "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, who is a huge inspiration to me even though he is no longer alive. So to be honest, maybe if I work hard enough I can inspire somebody, somewhere as well. I might not be the best artist, but you cant say I'm not consistent! Well enough said, I'll have my work speak for itself...so come along for the journey its sure going to be a trippy one, hope y'all enjoy!  -Mika Strouse

Did I mention its all free! just visit and like or follow these two pages: Facebook Tumblr
Or follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/doomed.designs/

No comments:

Post a Comment